First time planning a vacation to Long Beach Island?
At the start of each year, we like to do a short post for new visitors on finding the right vacation lodging/rentals on LBI. Please comment if you have any other general tips to add that might be helpful for first-time visitors.
We asked LBI Real Estate Offices, Rental Services, and Hotels/Motels for their advice on choosing the right place to stay. Here are five of the best pro tips:
1. Start Early – Studies show that most families and couples planning summer vacations have already decided where they are going to stay before March. Don’t wait until the last minute, or some of the best rentals and rooms may already be taken!
2. Do Your Research – North End? South End? Centrally located? Find out which area you like best in terms of activities, dining, location, and beach accessibility before searching for a rental (keep in mind that the LBI Shuttle Service makes the entire island conveniently accessible). This will help you narrow your search and also serve as an introduction to the area.
3. Dig a Little Deeper – Use the “Contact Us” features on Realty, Rental, and Hotel/Motel Websites to ask specific questions about the rentals and rooms you are interested in. This can help you make an informed decision about your vacation lodging.
4. Think Outside the Box – Consider vacationing in the shoulder season. May – June and September – October are cool, gorgeous, filled with fun events, and not crowded. November – April is beautiful, quiet, and homey.
5. Plan Ahead – Stay informed about cancellation policies, weekly traffic volume, and weather forecasts. LBI is beautiful in all weather and there is always something to do, so come prepared!
Bonus Tip – Check Our Member Directory here for recommended and verified rental sources!
Have a question for us?
Contact the LBI Chamber of Commerce by clicking here.