15+ Exciting Changes & Traditions on LBI This Summer!
Each summer, we celebrate both long-held traditions at the shore as well as the newest events and merchants in our local Long Beach Island community. This perfect blend of modern vs. classic attracts a wide variety of visitors to LBI each year: families, couples, teens, and more. This year, we have several exciting changes, new merchants, and event anniversaries – and we have detailed them here for you!
- LBI FLY International Kite Festival: Columbus Day falls late this year! The Kite Festival will be held on October 11-13th, 2019. This event is always held on Columbus Weekend which is why the dates are not the same each year. To learn more about the largest kite festival in North America, click here.
- Arlington Beach Club Condos (New Merchant): The Arlington Beach Club is a twenty-four unit complex, complete with a turn of the century design structure and modern amenities, located at the gateway of Long Beach Island. Each new unit offers private decks, open floors plans, and contemporary finishes. This property is now offering open house tours, and there are still units available for purchase. See more here.
- Hotel LBI (New Merchant): Opening May 2019, Hotel LBI offers the charm of a summer home paired with world class amenities. Relax in your well-appointed room, escape for a day of fun in the sun on Long Beach Island, and enjoy a cocktail while watching the sunset on their rooftop! This new hotel will have a local seafood restaurant and four different bars open to the public. See more here.
- Outdoor Dining: Surf City became the latest municipality to permit outdoor dining, so be sure to check out all of the newest opportunities to enjoy your favorite food and beverage amid the beautiful summer weather!
- How You Brewin: Undergoing significant indoor and outdoor changes, How You Brewin’ in Surf City will be opening LBI’s first Mocktail Bar and will also offer new performance space, private meeting space, and live views of their cold brewing process. See more here.
- Lex Mex: Lex Mex has moved to Surf City! And with it, has expanded their seating and overall footprint. Lex Mex fans are sure to celebrate this new and expanded endeavor.
- Jen’s Links (New Merchant): Celebrate the beauty and history of Long Beach Island with LBI’s newest 36 hole miniature golf course, nestled on the water just a long putt away from the historic Barnegat Lighthouse. Jen’s Links also offers ADA accessible miniature golf equipment. More info here.
- Osprey Cam: Get up close and personal with a local Osprey’s nest by viewing Barnegat Light’s new nest surveillance cam.
- Pave The Pavilion: Custom pavers to honor or remember loved ones are now available at Barnegat Light’s new open-air pavilion. Reserve yours here.
- Seafood Festival & Night Market: The Seafood Festival is back this year after weather canceled last year’s plans. Admission is $5 See more here.
- Station 117 (New Merchant): Buckalew’s sister restaurant will be opening this May in Beach Haven as a Tavern and Garden offering coastal cuisine. See more here.
- Art Walk: Beach Haven’s Second Annual Art Walk will be returning after a successful inaugural year. Event Info here.
- Dog Day Race: A long-loved summer tradition, Harvey Cedars will carry out its 41st Dog Day Race this August! Sign up here.
- Art Festival: The 32nd Annual Arts Festival will be held this July in Sunset Park. Want to be a vendor? Get the application here.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: During May, Harvey Cedars will partner with Hackensack Meridian Health to “Paint the Town Pink.” Questions about this event on how to participate can be emailed to this address.
Long Beach Township
- National Night Out: The LBI Chamber of Commerce (Welcome To LBI) will be sponsoring National Night Out on August 6th, a great family event to learn more about our police and the community they serve.
- Concert Series: Long Beach Township has a robust concert schedule planned for the upcoming Summer 2019. See the full event calendar here.
- Fire Pit Fridays: Relax and enjoy live music around FIVE brand new Fire Pits each Friday between June 28th through August 30th on the 68th Street Ocean Beach 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm.
Info On this Blog: Businesses featured in this Blog are Paid Members of the LBI Chamber of Commerce.
See more events on our calendar.
Photo: Ann Coen Photography