What’s Our Favorite Part About Spring on LBI?
Well, obviously, we couldn’t just pick one – so here are our top THREE reasons why a Spring day trip to Long Beach Island is a must-plan.
1. “Easter Weekend” = “Opening Weekend” for many LBI Businesses…
That means that some of the seasonal shops, restaurants, and other businesses that have been closed for the winter will begin to open again! Many seasonal businesses use this holiday weekend (April 2-4 this year) as their annual reopening weekend. Part of Passover is also celebrated during this April weekend.
Some seasonal businesses will be opening even earlier, with their sights set on St. Patrick’s Day, so be sure to do your research on specific locations!
Trying to find info on a specific location? We recommend these three ways to get the most up-to-date information on local LBI businesses:
- Call the business directly. If they don’t answer, listen to the voicemail greeting. Many businesses leave detailed voicemail greetings this time of year regarding their hours, opening dates, and other important information that you might not get if you hang up early.
- Check their Social Media. Often times, businesses update their social media more frequently than their websites or search engine listings. Check their recent posts on Instagram and Facebook to see if they have information posted regarding their updated hours and specials.
- Send us a Direct Message on Facebook or Instagram (@WelcomeToLBI). We might be able to provide you with information or help you get in contact with the business.
2. Longer Days, Coming Shortly
The Daylight Savings time change is an annual reminder that summer is on the way… those later summer sunsets feel just a little bit closer once the clocks “spring ahead.” In the meantime, here are a few of our favorite summer sunsets below…
3. For the next few weeks, pets are still allowed on the beach!
See the Annual “Cut-Off” Dates for bringing pets to the beach below (all pets must be leashed):
Barnegat Light: April 15th for BL Borough Beaches – April 1st for Barnegat Lighthouse State Park Beaches
Beach Haven: May 15th
Harvey Cedars: May 30th
Long Beach Township: May 15th
Ship Bottom: April 30th
Surf City: April 30th
Next Month’s Topic:
Have some knowledge to share on this topic? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!